1. Would they prefer to get rid of the weekly quizzes, or change them to every other week?
2. Do they find the lesson sheets I produce (future blog post on these coming) a useful resource that is worth the time they take to produce?
1. Memory is the Residue of Thought
2. Practice makes Permanent
3. Working Memory is limited
4. Learning occurs over time
I said that I try to give them lots of opportunities for 1 in class through the Your Turns, address 3 through the examples and lesson sheets, and the weekly quizzes and starters are aimed at 4. We left it at 2 was their responsibility if they wanted to learn the material properly, though obviously they do get some practice in class.